Friday, June 19, 2009

Standardization of Advertizing

2. Intercultural Analysis blog entry # 2 


This is just an example of an international advertising campaign that shows how standardization works in the advertising world.


Rome, Armani campaign

The first time I saw this kind of advertising I was in Rome. First, it caught my attention because the ad showed Victoria and David Beckham in their underwear; secondly, because the ad was placed in the center of the city as big as the building it was displayed on.  


Rome, Armani campaign


To me this celebrity endorsement advertising campaign works for various reasons:


First, we could say that this is one of the most famous couples in the world and besides being famous they are very beautiful.  Secondly, it shows them as a couple and with this tactic I conclude that Armani is using this campaign to not only target adults but couples as well. Finally, I found the campaign to be a great example of standardization because as I was looking on the Internet for more pictures from this campaign, besides the ones in Rome, I found that in San Francisco they are also using the same campaign.


San Francisco, Armani campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment